Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sparkly Butterfly Thanks for {DD #39}

Hello there! This week at Dynamic Duos, we have a subtle color combo to try out: Pink Pirouette and Pool Party. I love, love, LOVE these colors together! Not a shocker since I am a fan of pretty much anything pink. :) 
I used the sketch from Mojo Monday for my layout. I haven't played there in a while and always enjoy their awesome sketches.
Initially, I had it set in my mind that I wanted to make a baby card with these colors, but just couldn't seem to find a stamped image that worked with the layout. Then I spied the Oh, Hello stamp set on the corner of my desk and said "yup, that's the one". I kind of cheat when I add two colors to a stamped image. I could have colored both areas with markers but sometimes I struggle to get a crisp image, so I use try to use a stamp pad for part of the image, whenever possible. Usually, I use some scotch tape to mask off the part of the image I am going to make another color.  However, my husband has moved the scotch tape to an area of the house that is currently undisclosed, so I had to make do. (Even he doesn't remember where he put it! *shakes head*) I stamped the sentiment in Pink Pirouette, then wiped off the ink on the "Thanks" portion of the stamp with my finger. Really technical, huh? Then, I colored in the "Thanks" with a Pool Party Stampin' Write Marker. You can vaguely see a hint of pink on the "N" but don't look at that, ok? Remember, I have missing tape and was trying to improvise! Ack!

I finished everything off with ribbon, a button, butterflies and bling. It was not my original plan, but I like how it turned out. The rest of the supplies I used are listed at the end of the post.
I hope you will join us and play along at Dynamic Duos this week. Our challenge closes Thursday, February 14th at Noon (PDT). Please stop by and visit the rest of the Design Team to see what they created with this soft and subtle color combo: 

Have a great day today! 
CLICK HERE to order anytime 24/7 from my Stampin' Up! website

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List
Stamps: Oh, Hello (Spring catty)
Paper: Sycamore Street DSP (Sale-A-Bration catty), Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack, Pool Party, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White card stock 
Ink: Pink Pirouette Classic ink
Accessories: Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder (Spring catty), Pool Party 1/4" Ribbon (Sale-A-Bration catty), Pool Party Button (also from SAB), White Baker's Twine, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die Big Shot, Basic Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimensionals
Non-SU! Accessories: oval and scalloped oval die

9 comments:

  1. Definitely spring colors that I could use today!! Love those mini butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Anne, I couldn't see the pink at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card.. way to go on the pink.. I might have to play along.. this card is really inspiring. Love it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne Marie, your card is GORGEOUS! Wow, fabulous layering :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was drawn right in the moment you mentioned the word sparkle in the title! You have such a way of adding much detail to your cards without having them look cluttered....I admire this so much! You've rolled out, yet again, another superb card! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love all the details. Especially the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These dynamic duo cards are outstanding. I am really enjoying this blog hop. So many ideas. Wish I had time for all of them Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so pretty! Loving all your layers, and the little layered butterflies are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card and love how you used the color combo on your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie