Saturday, January 12, 2013

Oh, Hello for Dynamic Duos #35

Hello there stampers! This week at Dynamic Duos we are taking things "Soft and Subtle" with a combo of Certainly Celery and So Saffron. Although Certainly Celery is not my favorite shade of green, I REALLY like this pairing. 

I will be honest, I had no idea where to start when I decided to use the Oh, Hello stamp set. I love that sentiment, by the way. It is something you would say to someone who maybe was standing behind you and you just realized they were there..."Oh, Hello". So nonchalant. Love it! Sorry for that moment of randomness, that is just how I roll sometimes. :) 
Here is another attempt at "shabby". Does it qualify? I'm not sure. I sponged pretty much every edge of the card (and the white doily) with some Crumb Cake ink. There is a "chevron-theme" going on this card, too. After I lined up the little chevron pieces I thought about running some stitching down the middle and then I remembered....I don't sew. So, I opted for a line of pearls instead of the stitching.

Finally, I added a punched and layered sentiment and a little punched butterfly just because it felt like it needed something else. Lots of items from the *new* Spring Catalog on this one. All of the products I used are listed at the end of the post.
I hope you will join us and play along this week at Dynamic Duos this week. Please stop by and visit the rest of the Designers to see what they created with this subtle color combo: 

Before I go, I wanted to share some exciting news! Stampin' Anne is (FINALLY) on Facebook! I hope you will stop by and "Like" my new page. Please, please! It's a great way to stay connected and share some more crafty goodness. Check it out by clicking HERE or clicking the photo below.


CLICK HERE to order anytime 24/7 from my Stampin' Up! website
Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List
Stamps: Oh, Hello
Paper: Subtles DSP paper pad, Newsprint DSP, So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Crumb Cake card stock
Ink: Certainly Celery and Crumb Cake Classic ink 
Punches: Extra-Large Oval, Decorative Label and Bitty Butterfly (Spring Catalog) 
Accessories: Ovals Collection Framelits (Spring Catalog), Chevron Embossing Folder, Paper Doilies (Spring Catalog), Natural 7/16" Trim Ribbon (Spring Catalog), Stamping Sponges, Basic Pearls and Stampin' Dimensionals

23 comments:

  1. Anne-Marie this is a gorgeous take on the colour combo.Love all the textures you have used and its a great design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is GORGEOUSLY shabby! I love every inch of it! I didn't get that "oh hello" stamp, just because I wasn't quite sure how it would roll, LOL! But I am rethinking it....you've made it work so well here! Love the chevrony things too! All-over wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shabby chic perfect! There is not one thing I don't like about this card. Every element goes perfect with the next. I'm amazed at your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your card is gorgeous, Anne Marie! I love every single element you used on it. It really is perfect. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Beautifully soft and gentle...I want that ribbon..and those stamps..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shabby chic design, Anne! Love the chevrons and beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning!!! Gorgeous beauty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne Marie this is just gorgeousness! Love the textures of the ribbon and the doily and embossing. The colors are so darn pretty too. Hugs
    I'm off to see your FB page now. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! I love the chevrons. You just can't go wrong with those. Way to make celery look good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO this is pretty much the prettiest card ev-ah! And great idea with the pearls! I can't sew to save my life, ha! ANd I agree with Rita, way to make the celery look good...can we please bring pear back??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really LOVE this card, Anne Marie!! I'm a huge fan of book-paper, and the way you pulled so many elements together is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! These are 2 of my favorite Stampin'Up colors. I love the doily, news print and overall design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did an amazing job with the colors and the whole card is shabbilicious! You have the perfect mix of elements and the sentiment is great-I rather enjoy your randomness!! But my favorite part is the sewing, um...no...make that pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love when two people use the same set/colors and the cards are so different. I thought I loved mine...then I saw yours. You are one of my stamping Idols! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job with the shabby! That is one style I just can't do. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh... my... goodness! This is beyond fabulous Anne Marie! When I first saw your card my crafty heart did a little flip flop lol! The way you've used that stamp set togethe with the doily, the newsprint, pearls (three of my favourite things!) and that new ribbon just works so beautifully. Definitely one to case!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog is always filled with pretty things thzt inspire me but I have to tell you that this is one of the prettiest cards that I have ever seen. I love the details from the strip of pearls to the butterfly and everything in between!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card designs are so inspirational. This card in particular is gorgeous. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! Love that sentiment and how you incorporated pearls and chevrons! So very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie