Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dapper Dad for Paper Players #129

Hello there! This week at the Paper Players, the lovely and talented Jaydee is our hostess. She has an awesome sketch to use with a CAS (clean and simple) theme.
I don't know about you, but I always have a need for "guy cards". I never seem to have enough on hand. I used the *new* Dapper Dad stamp set from the Spring catalog for the first time on this card. The bow ties seemed a little boring on their own, so I dressed them up with some Silver Basics Designer Buttons, also new in the Spring catty. "Naked buttons" creep me out, so I added some twine to the centers. Also, it is tough to see in the photo, but I added some paper piercing to the bottom corners. All of the supplies I used are listed at the end of this post.
Please join us this week at the Paper Players and share your CAS-tastic creation. The challenge is open through Friday, January 25th at Noon (PDT). The rest of the Design Team created some awesome projects. Stop by and say hello to them: 
The Paper Players Design Team


Before I sign off, I wanted to share a recent photo of little Abby, although she is not so little anymore. She's 5- 1/2 months already and is quite the sassafrass. She also loves the camera, which is great because I snap a LOT of photos of her. My little diva! Have a HAPPY day! :) 
CLICK HERE to order anytime 24/7 from my Stampin' Up! website

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List
Stamps: Dapper Dad and Best Dad Ever (sentiment) 
Paper: International Bazaar DSP, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry and Chocolate Chip card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic ink
Punches: 1- 1/4" Square punch (for banner "tails) 
Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Silver Basics Designer Buttons, twine, Paper Piercer and Stampin' Dimensionals
Non-SU! Accessories: silver pearls

16 comments:

  1. Super cute!! I love the colors and the metal accents you added - definitely a CAS masculine card!

    Hope you have a great week! Love your Abby pics. She is quite a character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is too fun! And your kitten is so adorable, great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I was NOT going to get this stamp set but then you go and make a CAS-tastic card with it and I just GOTTA! Love it, AM. Great use of the sketch with those bow ties and your add-on of the buttons is spot-on. Love the pix of Abster...she is a-dor-able! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear Anne. What a great card you created with this layout in mind. Those buttons are so cool. Can't wait for mine to arrive. Really love this manly card. So well done.
    Pss: give your little cat a huge cuddle from us here. My daugther loved the photo you added.
    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut Up....this is so cute!!! I never even gave this set a second look and now I think I MUST have it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. Love the DP and the buttons !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very dapper indeed! Love the buttoned up bow ties! And that background paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors Anne Marie! How clever to use the buttons on the bowties! Awesome card as always! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your comment about how "naked" buttons creep you out! It sure made me giggle! You've done a wonderful job at "dressing" them up! Fun card all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this "dapper" card, Anne Marie! Definitely cool with the silver buttons....I hate naked buttons too! The color combo is nice too--a perfect masculine creation! And little Abby is too cute....I love how her lounging area matches your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun to use buttons as centers of the bow ties, I never would have thought of that. I agree with you Anne, naked buttons bother me, too! And your little Abby is just the sweetest thing, I want to eat her up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable, Anne Marie! I love these colors together! The bow ties are too cute. I am so glad that you didn't leave the buttons naked. They look so much more finished this way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann Marie how cute are those bow ties? I agree with Ann, that I love the colors too. I also NEVER have a "guy" card when I need it, always seems I have to run and make one, so this was one of my resolutions this year. To have a "stash" of guy stuff! hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic guy card! I love the bow ties and mix of colours! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK... forget the card for a second... can I come and cuddle abby!:-) What a fab photo.
    Now.. the card. OK.. so, I had skipped right past this set... BUT... you have now enabled me! Iwould never have put these colors together, however, they are quintessentially, eccentrically English. It just WORKS. the buttons with the twine - genius! Fabulous card, my friend.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie