Sunday, January 13, 2013

All Dressed Up for Paper Players #128


Hello there stamping friends! This week at the Paper Players, I am hosting with a fun color challenge. I wanted to base the combo around a color that I don't tend to use very often, Pacific Point

I finally inked up another new stamp set from the Spring catalog: All Dressed Up. This set has coordinating die cuts, too. Love that! 
This was an easy card to create, not that you could tell by how long it took me to put it together. I couldn't decide on the embossing folder, then whether to use pearls or rhinestones for the buttons, then the ribbon...or no ribbon. Arrrgh! I'm still not 100% sure I love it but it is finished and that's what matters. All of the supplies I finally settled on using are listed at the end of this post.
A quick shot of the inside of the card. That popped up banner is covering up a sentiment that was stamped crooked the first time. Hooray for cover-ups! :)
I think these colors can be used for SO many different occasions and the Design Team really rocked this challenge. Stop by and visit them to see what they came up with. Please join us at the Paper Players this week and play along. The challenge is open through Friday, January 18th at Noon (PST). 
The Paper Players Design Team

Also, please check out the all new Stampin' Anne Facebook page, if you haven't already. Click HERE to check it out and "like" the page. Have a great day today! :) 
CLICK HERE to order anytime 24/7 from my Stampin' Up! website

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List
Stamps: All Dressed Up (Spring Catalog)
Paper: Brights DSP Collection, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Pacific Point Classic ink
Accessories: Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Dress Up Framelits Dies (Spring catalog), Itty Bitty Banners Framelits Dies, Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Marker, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimensionals

17 comments:

  1. Great colors, Anne Marie! This is a fun sunny dress to help warm us all up in the cold of winter! I definitely would never have thought that you hesitated on any of these great details!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne-Marie, I admit I shuddered when I saw this Pacific Point color combo but you are so wise because it is gorgeous! You've made the perfect party frock and I love the rhinestone "buttons"! Thanks for pushing us putside our comfort zone with this beauty! Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet, pretty dress, Ann Marie. I didn't give this stamp set a second look in the catalog but I love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann Marie so cute ! Love the rhinestone buttons and the bow is perfection! Gorgeous. Also ... Love your colors you picked too.
    I Just made a card using two of the three! Dang. Oh well, just have to make another using the gray instead of brown. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. AM, great use of the new set and I love the layered sentiment... it might have been a cover up, but it looks great! i love the pops of yellow on the dress and those fabulous rhinestone buttons. Fabulous. Thanks for a great color challenge.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! This is so cute...and so Anne Marie! I love it! I am loving the rhinestone buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you chose this as your image for this challenge, as I haven't seen it much out in blogland! I love your rhinestone buttons....a girl can never have too many rhinestones! And I am glad you added the ribbon & bow--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card, Anne Marie! I think the bow is a perfect finishing touch, and I love the clean lines of the card. Thanks for a fun color challenge -- Pacific Point is not a color I pull out very often either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colors! I think you did a wonderful job on this!I hate to admit that this stamp set intimidated me at first, but I have seen so many pretty cards using it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Anne Marie! Looks like you are dressed up for a nice summer BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've popped back over to thank you for your sweet anniversary wishes for me and Mister. That was very nice of you, Anne Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you've embraced the blue and yellow! What a pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so pretty Ann Marie! I love that little dress and you have showcased it perfectly with the large yellow ribbon! Thank you so much for choosing my card as honorable mention on The Paper Players. I just recently started blogging and doing the challenges so this is a big honor for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card...I love that little dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anne, I love this card and I cased it for a swap. I tweaked it a little. I used a long knot instead of the bow. Others in my group loved it too, because I won the best swap for the night. I did tell them that it was a case. Thanks so much for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card so much I cased it for a swap. My group loved it too, because I was voted best swap for the night. Gave you credit. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie