Sunday, August 12, 2012

You're Amazing for Paper Players #108

Hi there! Happy Sunday to you! Once again I'm running a little behind with my post. For those of you that may not know, I had bi-lateral foot surgery a week ago and this weekend has been a bit of a struggle with some crazy swelling issues in my left foot. I have been trying to stay off of it as much as possible and keep it elevated, to get the swelling down. This whole recovery thing is slowing down my craft time, I tell ya! Ha! ;)

Ok, on to the crafty-goodness! This week at the Paper Players, the lovely and talented Ann Schach is our hostess with a fabulous color combo to take for a spin. Ann has this crazy obsession with Cherry Cobbler (kind of the same way I feel about Melon Mambo) and I can totally see why. This red is so rich and elegant and really works for just about any occasion. 
I inked up a new set, You're Amazing, which I received at Convention this year. I really wanted to do something with a vintage flair for this challenge...because any challenge Ann hosts pretty much means that I will be busting out my Color Spritzer Tool in her honor. I made sure to give this card a generous spritzing using a Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker to add some extra distressed detail. 

For the main image: first I stamped the balloons where I wanted them, then stamped an extra set of balloons on a separate piece of card stock. I cut those out, popped them up on the main image using Stampin' Dimensionals and added some Crystal Effects for a final touch. All of the edges of the card were "dirtied up" with a sponge and some Crumb Cake ink. It's tough to see but the Night of Navy layer is embossed with the Chevron Embossing Folder and then edges were added from the Finishing Touches Edgelits die. My favorite part of the card are the two tiny tickets in the right corner. I'm always smitten with new punches and the Ticket Duo Builder punch is perfect for this stamp set. The rest of the supplies are listed at the end of this post. 
Here is a quick shot of the inside of the card, using a sentiment and the little clouds from the Up, Up & Away stamp set:
There you have it...I started out to create a more masculine-themed birthday card, but really think this card could work well for anyone. If you have a chance, please check out the challenge over at the Paper Players. The rest of the gals on the Design Team created some fun projects with these colors, too. The challenge closes on Friday, August 17th at Noon (PST) so we hope you will play along. Thanks for visiting today!  

The Paper Players Design Team
Anne Marie Hile (you are here)
Have a HAPPY day! :)  

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List
Stamps: You're Amazing and Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: Be of Good Cheer DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla Classic ink pads
Punches: Ticket Duo Bulder punch
Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker, Color Spritzer Tool, Antique Brass Metallic Brad, Bitty Banners Framelits dies, Finishing Touches Edgelits die, Help Twine, Stampin' Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals and Basic Pearls (colored with a Crumb cake marker)

27 comments:

  1. I really like the addition of the crystal effects! I always forget to use that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh! It's just vintage awesomeness! Something about this set lends to distressing. Love the color pallet! I've never used Crystal Effects. My guess is you can just scribble some on & it will level out? How long before that dries for you to add it to your project? Love the card! So sorry about the swelling in your foot. 6 weeks Will Be over one day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING....and so are you! But you'd better be careful about those FEET.....no swelling allowed! You did a terrific job with this color challenge...waaaay better than mine!!! I love the vintage feel of this card and those little tickets are adorable! REST UP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Anne Marie! I love the colors you chose and the distressing is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even on the mend, your talent shows through! Thank you for choosing my layout as your pick. I've been a blog stalker for quite some time, and am honored that something I created would catch your eye! Take care of those feet and congrats on two years of blogging! Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now listen here missy we'll have no swelling and set backs! Gosh I'm sorry to hear this, hope you feel better soon. Your card is marvelous, love the balloons and the pretty red DP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! No swelling allowed! Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is downright gorgeous Anne Marie! Love the vintage feel you have captured, combining these images with the sponging & spritzing. Those glossy balloons & tiny tickets are fabulous! Hope those naughty feet start behaving themselves & that you are on the mend soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann Marie this card is 'amazing'! I love the colors and I especially love the crystal effects on the air balloons. How clever. It looks just "AMAZING" ...love this. hugs.

    PS: Hoping your healing gets better real soon. {{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love those combination of colors! Super cute hot air balloons with the crystal effects! Fab paper, too! Hope your receovery is going well...take care, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well worth the wait! I LOVE those shiny balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this card. I the crystal effects are great. I have to say I am with Ann on the Cherry Cobbler...hee hee! I didn't care too much for this set in the catalog...not my type, but I like it here! Oh dear...can I do without it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann Marie, this is fabulous-ness! I love those shiny balloons, so much dimension and a totally different kind of sparkle but still oh-so-AM! Great use of the colors and I love the chevron texture--all perfect details! I hope your recovery speeds up and your back in action soon!! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic Ann Marie, love every detail, especially those shiny baloons.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne Marie, I LOVE this card......I now have to HAVE this set!!! Love the colors you used and the vintage feel and the crystal effects is the perfect finishing touch!!! Hope you are feeling better....Hugs, my sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, this is so stunning! Loving those shiny balloons, the dsp and the little tickets are such a cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AM, I love your use of this set. It does have a vintage feel, but the paper choice give it a modern twist. The Crystal Effects is the perfect finishing touch.
    Fabulous!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such an AWESOME card! I don't know what I love more... the balloons with Crystal Effects, the little tickets, or everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Spectacular! I just colored up a balloon image too! Yours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful use of the colors!! Love the bits of grungy-ness adding to the vintage feel and the tiny tickets are fabulous!! Add another thing to my wish list...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I have truly loved browsing your weblog
    posts. After all I will be subscribing in your feed and I am
    hoping you write once more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A person necessarily assist to make severely articles I'd
    state. That is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus far?
    I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual post extraordinary.

    Magnificent activity!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's in reality a great and useful piece of information. I'm satisfied that you
    shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date
    like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Greetings! I've been reading your site for some time now and finally got the
    courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Atascocita
    Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the excellent job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie