Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Convention Make and Take, Two Different Ways

Hi stampers! Well, I finally decided to finish up my Convention Make and Take projects this week. Yup, I was at Convention about three weeks ago but I didn't make my projects there for fear they might get crushed in my suitcase. Have you seen the way they THROW luggage around at the airport?? Yikes!!

After putting together the card above using the Affection Collection set, I was having so much fun that I decided to create a second version of the card with some dressed-up elements. That first card pictured was THE Make and Take project, just as it was designed by Stampin' Up. I love the collage-style look of the stamped images on the original card, but there is something about collage that makes me think "vintage." So that was what I tried to do with my second card. It's a "Make and Take, Two Ways." 
For the second card, I added a few more layers, a LOT more bling (which is not shocking in any way..haha!) and some vintage distressing, just to name a few things. The *new* Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder looks a lot like the stamped image, so it seemed like a perfect fit. I sponged the edges for some added detail. I changed up the punch for the scalloped border to incorporate some more sparkle and also embossed the popped-up heart with some Iridescent Ice (sparkly) Embossing Powder. It's tough to see in the photos. The paper piercing in the corner was something I just played around with...the corner seemed a little empty without it. I also used the Color Spritzing Tool to add more "dirty"elements. It was a little MORE then I had originally planned, but what can you do, right? 

Here are the two cards, side-by-side. Now I'm not saying one card is "better" then the other in ANY way. I just think it is fun to see how you can change up the style a card with a few simple products. I hope you like them and I would love to hear what you think. The supplies are listed below. 
Before I go, here is a little "Schnauzer-love" to share. My sweet Emmitt has been the BEST little friend during my ongoing recovery from foot surgery. Here is a photo I shared on Instagram the other day of my super-comfy, little dude. 
Isn't he a cutie?? 
Thanks for stopping by and have a very HAPPY day! :) 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List

CARD #1
Stamps: Affection Collection (Holiday Catalog)
Paper: Primrose Pink, Early Espresso and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Primrose Pink, Midnight Muse, More Mustard, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso Classic Ink Pads
Punches: Scallop Border Punch, Small Heart Punch
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones and stapler

CARD #2
Stamps: Affection Collection (Holiday Catalog)
Paper: Primrose Pink, Midnight Muse, More Mustard, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Primrose Pink, Midnight Muse, More Mustard, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso and Crumb Cake Classic Ink Pads
Punches: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Small Heart Punch and Modern Label Punch
Accessories: Paper Piercing Tool, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Stamping Sponges, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin' Dimensionals, Basic Rhinestones and stapler

9 comments:

  1. Hello Anne- Marie
    Now this is what I am talking about, look at these two cards and honestly tell me, which one grabs your attention? It is the second one with all the texture and softness, it is inviting and warm. Your first card has clean lines and cool, both are beautifully made, but oh, how classy is your second.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. The make and take is a pretty card, but your amped version is simply stunning. Thanks for sharing. Continue your recovery, and a furry friend is wonderful to have by your side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok first I have to say how darn cute is Emmitt! Don't you love when they get themselves comfortable! Love your cards and that you've shown us the fairly CAS version and then the amped up version! Great cards Anne Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot begin to tell you how much I LOOOOVE this card!!!!!! I am going to have to case for sure! The convention M&T was cute but come on, yours is soooo much better. And I want some cuddles from Mr E!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely...so so lovely! Both cards are very appealing! Love the clean look of the first card! And, the second card tugs at my every lovin' shabby style heart! Super great stamping for a collage effect. Something that I must try more often...love it! Hope you are recovering well, take care! Oh, and darling pic of your sweet dog, too!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann Marie I think both cards are great, however, I have a hard time with CAS and want to add more "stuff". So for ME the favorite is YOUR card. I love the matted layers and embossing. The piercing is fab and I love the distressed look too, and of course who doesn't like a little bling! hugs.

    PS: Emmit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Emmitt is precious! I'm sure he loves helping mom recover!

    Love both cards and seeing them done both ways! I really like ll the piercing on the 2nd card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful idea! Love all of the additions on your second card!! Emmitt looks all cozy in that sweet pic! Hope your recovery is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love both cards, but the 2nd one takes my breath away (well not really, but almost)!
      The real cutie-patotie though is Emmitt, isn't he the most adorable little doggie, love him.
      Glad to hear your surgery recovery is progressing well, keep those feet up often.
      Nancy

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie