Sunday, May 20, 2012

Paper Players #96 - CAS with Polka Dots


Hello there! It's Sunday and that means it is time for another fun challenge over at the Paper Players! This week, I am the hostess and I selected a CAS (Clean and Simple) Challenge featuring Polka Dots. Polka dots are so fresh and fun! Lesley created a super-cute inspiration photo for the challenge, too. You can use the photo for some creative mojo, or not...but we really hope that you will play along with us this week. 
In the effort of keeping things CAS, I decided on the Up, Up & Away stamp set simply because of the polka-dotted balloon. I dressed it up with the Cheerful Treat DSP (Hostess reward). Figured I should probably bust into this paper before it retires at the end of the month. I stamped, heat embossed and cut-out the balloon with Iridescet Ice embossing powder to give it some sparkle.All of the supplies used are listed at the end of the post. 
My inspiration for this challenge was actually my Kate Spade iPhone case. It is pink, polka-dotted and super-cute. Pretty close to the design on the balloon, right?  :)  
Here is a quick shot of the inside of the card, simply continuing the message from the front: 
Please stop by and visit the rest of the gals on the Paper Players Design Team to see what they have whipped up this week. We sure hope you will join us and play along. The challenge closes on Friday, May 25th at 12:00 pm (PST).
The Paper Players Design Team
Anne Marie Hile (you are here)
Our Guest Designer for May: 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a HAPPY day, 


Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Up, Up & Away
Paper: Cheerful Treat DSP (Hostess), Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White card stock
Ink: VersaMark, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade and Basic Black Cassic ink 
Punches: Scallop Border punch, 1" Circle punch, 1- 1/4" Circle punch
Accessories: Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine, Perfect Polka Dots Embossng Folder, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder,  Basic Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimensionals

19 comments:

  1. I love this!! Love your color choices and especially the polka dots!!

    The glittery balloon is fab and I love how your inspiration came about :)

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! So adorable with the Hot Air Ballon in polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card and love your iphone case...it's so YOU! I really like your layout--the fun border on the side with the focal point in the center. The per-fect-ly positioned Baker's Twine, the sparkly balloon and all the fun polka dots add up to one dot-tastic card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute all the way around! I love these colors together. And all that polka dot paper...so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card. What a great layout and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card and I love all that PINK!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how fun & sparkly this is!!! What a great inspiration too...if only I even HAD an iPhone, smartphone, anyphone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne!
    Such a beautiful card! I love polka dots (who doesn´t?) so I have to find time to play along!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so pretty. Love all the polka dots and the cheerful feel to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Anne Marie - I didn't think I wanted that stamp set but now you have made me NEED it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you have completely embraced your theme! Fantastic dots and a super sweet card! LOL! Why am I not surprised that your phone is pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable, Anne Marie! I am sooo lovin' the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love polka dots too! This is sweet - great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What can I say? - beautiful (so is your iphone cover!) Love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne Marie this is super cute and I love love love polka dots! They just make me smile! Your color combo is cheery and the 3D balloon too cute. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy and pretty AM, love the polka dot theme this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous layout; I bet it would work with the kites too!

    I'm not sure what it is about green, but it makes pink look a bit more okay. :) I love that dsp; I can't believe you hadn't used it yet! I {heart} the Concord Crush and Melon Mambo sheets in it so much; I think I'm down to scraps of those!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this card is so fun! I love how bright and happy it is, and that stamp set was a perfect choice for this week's challenge. Love the polka dots thanks for such a great challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anne Marie, Thanks for the super FUN challenge this week with polka dots! They are a favorite of mine and by looks at all of the entries this week I don't think I'm alone! :) Love the Melon, Pink, Limeade combo in this card and the polka dotted hot air balloon is perfect to be the star of this card! Cute, cute I tell you! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie