Saturday, October 15, 2011

Totally Transparent OCC Challenge

Hmmm, the title of this post has an interesting sound to it, eh? Well this week at
we are showing our "transparent-side"! The fabulous Marjie Kemper is our hostess and she has challenged us to have some fun with transparencies. Here is the challenge, in her own words: 
"Transparencies are so versatile!  You can find them in shapes small enough for journaling and large enough for full 12X12 scrapbook pages.  Whether you make cards or layouts, tags or art journals… you can easily include transparencies into your art.  They can be stamped, inked, painted, misted… the sky’s the limit. You can even run them through your printer and die cut them.   We hope you’ll join us this week showing how creative you can be using transparencies."


Initially, I had a different idea for this card, but I had a set-back with my supplies. I discovered I did NOT put the lid tightly on my Staz-On stamp pad, the last time I used it....fantastic! So, I felt utterly defeated...until I stumbled upon this awesome color mix from the Create with Connie & Mary site:
Admittedly. I am NOT the biggest fan of River Rock, but for some reason, it is pretty cool in this combo. I'm not saying it is my new FAVORITE color, but I *almost* warmed up to it with this mix. Almost. And when there is a creative challenge at-hand, what better accessory to turn to then the good ol' butterfly punch? :)
My transparencies are (ret.) Stampin' Up! Clearly Thanks Printed Window Sheets. I cut and punched them to fit my design. (The CLEAR Window Sheets are available in the current catty, so you can stamp whatever image your heart desires on them.)  The biggest challenge with using transparencies is HOW to attach them to your project. I added adhesive behind all of the punched elements and then tied-down the corners with some Hemp Twine. They are secured to the card and no icky adhesive shows through this way. 


Thanks for stopping by! Please pop by the Our Creative Corner site and see what the rest of the lovely gals on the Design Team have created this week. We sure hope you will join us and play along, too! 


Have a very HAPPY day! 
Anne Marie


Stampin' Up! Supply List:
Stamps: Perfect Words
Paper: Pocketful of Posies DSP, Vellum, Bravo Burgandy, River Rock and Baja Breeze card stock
Ink: Bravo Burgandy (sentiment) and Sahara Sand (vellum butterflies) Classic ink
Accesories: Clearly Thanks Printed Window Sheets (ret.), Word Window Punch, Modern Label punch, Butterfly punch, Stripes Embossing folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Hemp Twine and  Basic Rhinesttones

31 comments:

  1. Wow, this is fabulous Anne Marie! I love those raised wings and how you've popped a red butterfly behind the transparency. I've not seen the pop of color tucked in like that before and it's amazing how much it adds. Love your card 110%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the colors and how you used the transparency on the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Love that window sheet behind the butterflies. Just noticed you used a window sheet the the butterflies too. Lots to see in this and loads of details to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful, Anne Marie! You are so clever....I am always challenged as to what adhesive to use on these too!!! Very, very pretty creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anne Marie - this is absolutely stunning! I love the colors and dimension. You used the vellum so creatively. Beautiful work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...seriously fun card!! I recently admitted online to a friend that I may actually "like" river rock now! She was shocked! (But proud of my conversion! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of these colors! I love the spotted butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very VERY nice, AM ... I never think to use transparencies but they certainly add a special touch to a project when you do use them. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful! I love how you did the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful! Such a beautiful way to use the window sheets! The punched butterflies are just wonderful! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really LOVE your card this week, Anne Marie. I think that color combo is stunning - I need to remember it next time I'm stumped for a color palette. The colors and your patterns are really wonderful - the small dots on the butterflies compliment the larger ones on the DP. I really like the sentiment and the way you mounted it also - makes a great focal point. Super job on the transparencies challenge.

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is a beauty! I would love to see a video on how you did this. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my ... your card is just gorgeous Anne Marie ... l love the background and the super stunning butterflies, and I really love the twine, what a perfect finishing touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I just love with you did with the window sheet. I could never figure out how to use them much. Very clever! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your butterflies are wonderful! I love the layers you used to give them flight!
    I understand about the staz-on, I've done the same thing. :/ but, your card is simply wonderful! I love how you used the over lay, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ann Marie this is GORGEOUS! Love it. The details, (window sheets, hemp, etc.) are fabulous and the butterflies look so rich in that color. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anne Marie - I love your layered butterflies and great idea to tie down the corners of the transparency with hemp twine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've just discovered your blog through Nancy Riley's iPicks.....what a beautiful card and a wonderful blog!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love that you punched the butterflies- it gives them such amazing dimension! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That card is so gorgeous! Love the butterflies, colors and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely card! Great use of both challenges! :) I saw your card on Nancy Riley's iPicks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fantastic AM - LOVE every little detail. You are talented girl! Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowsy.. another masterpiece.. So beautiful! Love it, LOVE IT!!!!!

    Hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is stunning! Love the transparency behind the butterflies! thanks for playing along with us at CCMC :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my...your butterflies are absolutely AWESOME!!! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh sooo lovely, AM! The triple layered butterflies are GORGEOUS with the transparencies! Such a clever detail with the hemp twine and I love how you've repeated the polka dots in the transparency paper and the dsp! So glad you could play along with us at Create with Connie & Mary this week! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love all the textures and different dimensions. Great job on the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow...love how you used the window sheets to make the butterflies dimensional! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card Anne, love the color combo!! The butterflies are so pretty on the printed window sheet! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OK - not sure how I missed all your postings! Sorry!!!

    Wow - this is just gorgeous! Love the transparencies! They really make the butterflies come to life!!!

    Nice job!!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie