Sunday, October 23, 2011

Paper Players #69 - Nance's Sketch

Hey there stampin' friends! This week at the Paper Players, the "notorious" Nance has a fun sketch to share.  I say notorious because she is absolutely AWESOME!  Big hugs to YOU, Nance! Give her big whoo-hoo for this fabby sketch...and I sure hope you will join us and play along this week.
I had a big ol' box of stampin' treats delivered to my door on Friday and I couldn't wait to bust into them.  I'm officially in the "holiday spirit" and can't stop making Christmas cards, as of late. I dressed my card up with some pearls because it just seemed fitting. 

I used the new Stitched Felt accents (from the Holiday Mini) on my card. Such a fun way to add detailed dimension to a project. They come already assembled, you just stick them down. How easy-peasy is THAT??! I dressed up some Satin Ribbon to add a little pizazz  My 'folds" are mostly even...eeek! The sentiment and image are stamped and heat embossed for added shine. 
Here is the inside of the card...because I think it is fun to "keep the party going" from the front. I've also started decorating my envelopes. I figure, if you are going to send a hand-made card, you just need to do it right and embellish it up! 

Before I go, I wanted to share a shot of my boys, post-grooming-session this week. Look at those Halloween bandannas! So cute! I realized that I have not shared some "furry-fun" in a while, so here you go. (It was a quick shot from my iPhone, so please excuse the poor lighting.) 

Thanks for visiting today! Please stop by and see what the rest of the lovely ladies on the Paper Players DT have created for inspiration this week: 


The Paper Players Design Team
Anne Marie Hile (that's me!) 
Tara Bilbao
Cindy Hall (Octob
er GD)

Have an awesome day! 
Hugs,


Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Beautiful Season (inside and outside sentiment) and Bright Hopes (/front stamped image)
Paper: Holly Berry Bouquet Specialty DSP, Real Red Glimmer Paper, Real Red, wild Wasabi and Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Versamark ( for sentiments) and Real Red Classic ink f(or sentiments and for sponging around edges)
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border punch, Clear Embossing powder, Heat Tool, Winter Wishes Stitched Felt accents, Stampin' Dimensionals, Basic Pearls,  

21 comments:

  1. What a great holiday card, love the felt accents, I have them and haven't really figured out how to use them, but now you have given me the inspiration. Thanks for the furry fix, they are so cute with their little bandannas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! beautiful Christmas card Anne Marie! I love a pleated ribbon, been meaning to do that again! This Holly Berry Bouquet paper is such a pretty set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly executed Christmas card ... who wouldn't love it adorning a fireplace mantle. And your fur children ... well the photo speaks for itself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun, fabulous, cheerful, happy card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool card, Anne Marie, but your doggies steal the show! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann Marie this is a Wowzer! Love that ribbon and the felt embellies are adorable. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, you're so sweet AM...big HUGS back! It's no secret that I think you're awesome too!! Holy cow, love what you've done with my sketch...the sentiment is gorgeous on the banner, love the glimmer, love the ribbon. Those felt accents are FABULOUS and the added touch of the pearls is just oh so lovely! Thanks for rockin' my sketch this week! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how super-duper cute this card is! I love those felt accents...with pearls, no less! The paper exudes holiday cheer! And how clever to stamp your sentiment on the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Card.. Really like the Colors and the accents. Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is that sweet Ozzy...looking at you with such LOVE! Too cute! This card is stunning AM, you have used the paper beautifully and the colours are SO lovely! Great felt accents too. Loved the chat last night. Have a fun day at work!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  11. So VERY, VERY CUTE!!!! I love your Christmas Card!! So bright and cheery!! The felt accents are such a nice touch!!! BTW...The furs babies are adorable!! Better watch though...Emmitt may just fly off with those ears!! :C) Hugs to them!! :C) Amy L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous card, AM! Love those felt embellishments. You really have showcased them so beautifully here. And the boys are so handsome in their Halloween bandanas! Lexi sends Emmitt some roos in return (she's snuggled under two blankets right now as it's a wee bit too chilly for her tastes now). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann Marie, This card is just so full of bright holiday spirit! I love the way you used the dsp and the new little felt items. Just so sweet. The inside is just as beautiful as the exterior - amazing.

    Your little guys look so handsome in their bandanas. Isn't it great when they actually smell good ( for a few hours anyway).

    I am such a big fan of you work! ( but also love seeing the furry-fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The boys look ADORABLE!

    I love your card! You did a fabulous job with the sketch. I love the felt accents and the pleated ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne Marie, I love everything about this card from the felt to the ribbon. The DSP you used adds such an unexpected design to the background. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the felt holly & berries and how they coordinate with the DSP. Great colors and ribbon treatment, too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card has such a "fresh" feel about it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, Anne Marie. The pleated ribbon is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great use of the felt hollies and the red glimmer paper is so pretty on this card!
    Ozzy and Emmitt are looking quite handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a beautiful christmas card, Anne Marie. I like the little felt accents and the DP !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful holiday card!!! Love the little holly background paper and then the felt holly's on the front! Perfection!!

    Now, the boys look SOOOOOOOOOO handsome!!! Give them a big smooch for me!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie