Sunday, October 16, 2011

Paper Players #68 - CAS for Christmas

Happy Sunday to you! I'm super excited to share another fun challenge over at the 
Hooray! Lesley is our challenge hostess this week and she is in the holiday spirit, indeed. It's beginning to look a lot like...(a Paper Players) Christmas...
I often struggle with using "traditional" holiday color combos, but I really had fun with this one. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the big ol' box of new stampin' goodies that arrived on my doorstep last week. So red and green it was...and wait, WHAT was that?...it was a Clean and Simple challenge, also? Really? Since CAS is JUST tough for me...so I'm calling dibs on something new: "CASS" (clean-and-simple-sparkles) I hope it catches on! Lol! 


The LAYOUT is CAS, but I think I went overboard with the embellies. BUT it is a Christmas card! It's supposed to be "merry and bright"...right? I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the stamped image. This card sparkles in the sunlight like a cute little vampire, let me tell you. (Any Twilight fans out there?)
Who loves Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder? I do, I DO!! I used it for all of the stamped images, from the Christmas Lodge stamp set. Can I just tell you how MUCH I am loving this stamp set? SO perfect for classic holiday cards. 
Finally, here is a quick shot of the inside of the card: 
Thanks for stopping by! Please visit the rest of the Paper Players DT gals to see what they have cooked up for this festive challenge. We sure hope you will join us this week and play along! 


The Paper Players Design Team
Tara Bilbao
Cindy Hall (October GD)

Have a HAPPY day today! :) 


Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Christmas Lodge (Holiday Mini catty) 
Paper: Frostwood Lodge DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Versamark ink
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border punch, Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, 3/8" Cherry Cobbler Quilted ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Multipurpose Liquid glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, and Basic Pearls

21 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Anne Marie! I love the Dazzling Diamonds...it's the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is dazzling for sure :) Love how you did the lodge and that DSP behind it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann Marie this card is fabulous. I LOVE the quilted ribbon and so happy it's my favorite colors. Love how you used the set with the DSP... so pretty. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a perfect image for Lesley's challenge! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, and you just pushed me over the edge. Now I HAVE to have that stamp set. :) I'm game for a CASS site... you know how I love Dazzling Details!
    TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is probably one of the prettiest Christmas cards I've ever seen! Everything about it is wonderful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Anne Marie! Love the colors & layout....TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You see...you used this paper amazingly! Love the frosty glitter..so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, where to start with a beauty like this. It is so well done dear Anne MArie. The quilted ribbon is perfect. I might have to buy it now :) What a treat for the eye. The paper goes so well with this stunning house. It is all so well done. Thanks for sharing.

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne Marie - I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger award! Go to thepaperstamper.blogspot.com to pick up your award :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card, looks like a cozy cabin nestled in the mountains in Tahoe. If it didn't sparkle, it wouldn't be made by you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, AM this is gorgeous! Love, love all the dazzle--its perfect on the lodge! Great layout and the inside is just as beautiful as the outside...you rocked this one! Sign me upf for CASS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a clean, beautiful card Anne Marie. You have taken cherry cobbler to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful CAS card! This would be a great card to "mass produce" for Christmas. I love the design. The sparkles (love the Twilight reference) are gorgeous and make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne Marie, This is just gorgeous! Very CAS yet has perfectly beautiful details such as the jewels on the scalloped border and the luscious ribbon. You'll have to who me how to tie those perfect bows. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty Christmas card, Anne Marie. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful card!! I LOVE the Dazzling Diamonds!! I have this set and have yet to use it! You have just inspired me!!! LOVE IT!!!! Amy L. PS. "cute little vampire" really?!!! LOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How'd I miss this!!??

    So beautiful. Love the gorgeous house with all the snow on it!!

    And - another beautiful ribbon!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this! The cozy plaid with the dazzling details...and that quilted ribbon! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just came for a visit via Sharon Field's blog link and a glimps at the clean and simple cards for her Seniors get together. Loved your Christmas Lodge card(s)simply beautiful! You're so inspiring Anne Marie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie