Saturday, October 22, 2011

Our Creative Corner Fabulous Face Off

Hello stamping friends! This week at Our Creative Corner we have a theme challenge for you. The marvelous Marjie is our hostess again this week and she has focused us on "Fabulous Faces". Here are the challenge deets from our lovely hostess: 

"Whether you like stamping, card making, altered arts, scrapbooks or collage, I bet faces have played a part of your artwork at some point.  Show us what you’ve got… whether you like vintage ladies in lace or fresh and funky kids…. steampunk engineers or shabby chic chicks…. even photos of yourself or your family.  Please show us your favorite faces this week."
For my card, I went with a "famous face". You may have heard of this guy. "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows if you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good...so be good, for goodness sake." You know, if you really think about it, those song lyrics kind of make Santa sound a little like a STALKER, don't they? Yikes! ;)

I colored Jolly Old Saint Nick with a variety of tools including: watercolor pencils, Aqua Painters with ink pads, markers and some glamerous glitter. My little pearl accents are covering up a boo-boo. See that Stampin' Up! logo in the corner on the DSP? (If you don't, that is ok, please don't look for it! Haha!) I meant to flip that around..whoops. Pearls to the rescue! 
*My layout was very loosely based on this week's Create with Connie and Mary sketch. They have a slanted element in their sketch and I just couldn't get it to work correctly with Santa's ginormous head. So, I will be giving the sketch another go for a different card. *sigh*


Finally, here is a quick shot of the inside of the card. All of the supplies used to create the card are listed below.
Please hop on over to the Our Creative Corner site and play along with us this week. We can't wait to see your smiling face along with your project with this theme. Check out what the rest of the fabulous Design Team has created for inspiration this week, as well. These gals are awesome, let me tell you! 


Have a fantastic day today! :) 
Hugs, 


Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Jolly Old Saint Nick (ret.) and Snow Swirled (inside sentiment)
Paper: Letters to Santa DSP, Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Riding Hood Red and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Crumb Cake (for sponging around the edges) and Riding Hood Red Classic ink
Accesories: Chocolate Chip 1/2" Scallp Dots ribbon (which looks more like Early Espresso to me), Scallop Edge Border punch, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Aqua Painters, Watercolor Pencils, Sahara Sand Stampin' Write marker, Clear Embossing Powder, Stamping Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals, Basic Pearls and Snow Burst Embossing foder

21 comments:

  1. Yeah, don't you hate that SU logo sitting there staring you in the face? No one probably would have noticed with that awesome Santa smiling back at you! COOL card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize that guy!!! LOL

    Wow - what a mix of great papers with this card!

    That RIBBON is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Have a great weekend :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa! He is a bit stalkerish, huh? Great card! I love your coloring on Stalker Santa; he looks great. Wonderful layout and very fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well faces don't come much more famous that this one, Anne Marie! Love your colour combo (I have been using Baja Breeze and Cherry Cobbler on several of my Christmas cards for this year ). Your attention to detail is once again, done to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little "stalker"! LOL! Very cute and that paper and ribbon are great!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card! Love the layers, the coloring...and your perfect bow, as always! Great use of pearls! heehee!
    I never thought of Santa asa stalker...but now? Hmmm... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!! I love how the blue outline of Santa ties in with your background paper! Love these colours too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this awesome fellow to stalk me ... lol. I love this face and you did a fab job coloring Santa! Adore the colors you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I liked this Santa face!!! He was just perfect - and you've created the perfect card for him too. (Even if he does have a ginormous face!!! LOL) Love that bit of blue you've outlined the image with! Great way to use those pearls too - I'll have to keep that in mind for when I forget to flip the paper! Pearls and Rhinestones - gotta love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome Anne, we used the same papers! Great Minds! I love that Santa and the pretty ribbon! Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Anne Marie ... I love how you have coloured Santa especially with the glittery trimmings ... beautiful papers and I love the tiny pop of green border ... such a pleasant surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous christmas card with great colors and DP. I really love the blue one. Lovely layout too !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He does look familiar..... how cool is your card!?!? Love the funky colors for a Christmas card and all the different coloring techniques you've used. Your pearls look very intentional. I love knowing they're also doing a specific job! Wonderful card, Anne Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute retro Santa image and so perfect for this challenge! I really like the color palette you used here and the mix of DP patterns and textures. Super card and I especially like how you finished off the inside too. Wonderful job on the faces challenge.

    Hope you are having a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, wow...oh, wow! This is absolutely fabulous, Anne Marie! From the plaid paper to the jolly old elf himself...it doesn't get any better than this card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great holiday card, Anne Marie! I love the Santa image - he's so jovial and happy! And the glitter on his hat is a nice touch. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful holiday card, Anne Marie! Santa is so happy and jovial The glitter on his hat is a nice touch. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Santa's a stalker?! No wonder little kids cry when they see him! :) Beautiful card! The glitter really looks like shimmering snow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this card! Ooooh, I so have to get some of that paper. I really love the scalloped ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've done that with the SU! paper before too! (I never would have noticed the logo though). I love your coloring and the combination of papers. It's really fantastic! Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love your fun card. I was totally stumped on this challenge...I never thought to use a Santa face! How perfect. (and I have to apologize...even though you told me not too, I looked for that SU logo) You did a great job of disguising it with the pearls- I would have never noticed if you didn't tell me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie