Friday, October 14, 2011

Freshly Made Mashup Snowflake


Hi there! Happy, HAPPY Friday to you! Who is excited for the weekend? Today, I wanted to share a card I made inspired by two different challenges. I really needed a stampin' "kick in the pants" today and these completely did the trick. 


First up, I love this week's fabby sketch over at {Freshly Made} Sketches
Then I saw the Friday Mashup challenge and I was inspired to get some sparkly snowflake jingle ON: 
For this one, we were asked to make a snowflake-themed project and could "mash it up" with an easel card design. Whoot whoot, I LOVE easel cards! Click HERE to check out a great tutorial on how to make one.
I dug out some retired felt snowflakes from my stampin' stash and was determined to use them on this one. The only problem was that the red snowflakes didn't match the Cherry Cobbler color in the Christmas Lane DSP (from the Simply Scrapping kit) I was using. No worries, a sponge and some Cherry Cobbler ink and they were magically matched and perfectly coordinated! Glimmer Paper made a triumphant return on this card, too. I can't get enough of that pretty sparkle! All the products used are listed at the end of this post, if you are interested. :) 
Here is a quick peek at the inside of the card. I used Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder to give some added detail and shine to both sentiments on the card. 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having an awesome day today! I'm off to clean up the FLURRY of a mess in my craft room...eeek! 

Hugs, 


Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Beautiful Season (sentiments) and Snow Swirled (snowflakes inside card)
Paper: Christmas Lane Simply Scarppin' Kit, Silver Glimmer Paper, Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Lucky Limeade & Cherry Cobbler Classic ink and Versamark
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Little Felt Flurries felt snowflakes (ret.), Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Scallop Circle punch, 1- 3/8" Circle punch, Scallop Border punch Cherry Cobbler 3/8" Quilted Satin ribbon, Stamping Sponges, Heat Tool, Stampin' Dimensioanls and Basic Rhinestones

21 comments:

  1. That glimmer paper is fabulous - and so is this card! Love the extra sparkle and that big ol' snowflake packs a punch! Very cool how you made it match :) This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card! Love the glimmer and cheery feel to your card.
    Lovely to see you playing with our challenge this week Anne.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Anne... I love all that Glitter, great idea to match your snowflake up! I like how you used the sketch with the easel. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, stunning card! I love the colors you used and I love the touches of glimmer and embossing!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another incredible card! Love how you 'fixed' the snowflakes to coordinate with the ribbon, DSP, and card stock! Such a beautiful easel card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomeness, AM! I love the glittery paper and all that texture! That ribbon looks so yummy, but I simply can't have it. Nope. Not gonna get it. :) Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love easel cards, too, and this one is EXCEPTIONAL! It looks like something straight off the front of a magazine. Seriously! Gorgeous details and colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH NO! I never noticed this DSP in the cattie! Gulp! Of course, I saw your pretty card in a tiny thumbnail on my phone and thought...wow...what paper is THAT! I love it and your gorgeous creation. This is a beauty AM...love the layers, the glimmer, the ribbon...oh that "custom" snowflake! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and the Friday Mashup!!
    Hugs,
    Lesley aka "your biggest fan"
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love everything about it.Someone is going to be very lucky to receive this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! I love the paper and the wonderful snowflake embellie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnneMarie, you ROCKED this challenge!! Love the layered embellishments! Great tip on sponging the snowflake (I have some in my stash too!) Great to see you at the Friday Mashup again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, Anne Marie you have been a major enabling force for me here! When I first saw your card, I couldn't stop staring at the layered snowflake. Then whenever I read that you used some felt snowflakes from your stash, I immediately knew we were kindred spirits because I've got those SAME snowflakes in my stash!! Thanks to you and your wonderful card, I now know what I am going to do with all those snowflakes! I've never made an easel card, but I just might give that a shot too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, you mashup it up - awesome! Glad we could kick you in the stampin' pants. :) Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowzers, this is a beauty Anne Marie. Love the colours, the layers, the embossing ... stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, love the bright colours it is very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh ... this is soo gorgeous Anne Marie, love the layers and I looove that gorgeous layered multicoloured snowflake ... wow ... just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just amazing! Every detail is perfect and now I "need" more paper! Love how you used the snowflakes...wish I had some in my stash!! The easel card with this FMS sketch is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous easel card, Anne marie! The snowflake is just amazing! So glad to see you on FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AM, this is awesome! Love that DSP and the trick on coloring the snowflake. I will have to remember this as I have a few of these retired snowflakes in my stash as well. The easel card really pops and I think you did a great job rocking both challenges! Lexi sends her regards to Emmitt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What can I say Anne Marie, you rocked this card, big time! Thanks for blessing my day with your inspiration and creativity. Love it! (I know, again :)

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie