Sunday, December 5, 2010

Paper Player's Challenge #27-Make a Christmas Project

Happy Sunday and welcome to another fun challenge at The Paper Players! This week the theme is to make a Christmas (or holiday) card or project. Easy peasy, right? Please stop by The Paper Players blog and see what the fabulous design team has whipped up for your creative inspiration and join in the fun! I don't know about you but I am absolutely in the holiday spirit lately. Finishing up some last minute Christmas cards to send off to spread that holiday cheer. I couldn't wait to use my Jolly Old Saint Nick set from the Holiday Mini catty for this card. 

I decided to use a LOT of sparkle on this one...I just want someone to step in and remind me that EVERY time that I decide to play with glitter, to just STOP! Haha! It's SO messy, it gets everywhere, but it looks so....AWESOME! Took me two attempts to get this jolly, little guy perfect and it was completely worth it! 
I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the trim on Santa's hat then decided that the rest of his hat needed some red chunky glitter to really pack a sparkly punch! I used a TON of glue because I wanted a 3-D effect. There is a tiny dab of Crystal Effects on his eye along with glitter glue around the scalloped circle. For the first time EVER, I was patient while everything dried. Well, we actually headed out to my husband's Christmas party earlier tonight so I had no choice...I snapped these pics right before we left. I had a FABULOUS time with my favorite guy tonight, thanks, honey! :)
You really can't see it in the main photo but I stamped the snowflakes from the set in Versa-Mark and embossed them in Iridescent Ice on the snowflake patterned DSP. (It is from the Candy Cane Specialty DSP, which is sadly sold out.) I also dragged the Versa-Mark pad over the Garden Green Scalloped borders and embossed them in Iridecscent Ice embossing powder for some added shimmer and shine.
The inside continued the theme from the front. I added some "Ho, Ho, Ho" sparkly trim that I picked up on a trip to a local craft store last weekend.
I distressd the edges of the main image and the sentiment with a mix of sponged Sahara Sand and Baja Breeze classic inks. I thought it gave an aged vintage look...maybe a little? I hope you like the result! :) Please come join us this week at The Paper Players with your Christmas project! 'Tis the season to CREATE! :)

Stampin' Up! Supply List:
Stamps: Jolly Old Saint Nick
Ink: Basic Balck classic ink, Baja Breeze and Sahara Sand classic ink and Real Red Classic ink (sentiment)
Paper: Blusinhg Bride, Real Red, Garden Green and Whisper White card stock...and 
Accessories: Med. Oval punch, Scalloped Oval punch, Jewels, Scalloped border punch, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, paper piercer
Non SU! Accessories: circle and scalloped circle dies, glitter glue, "Ho Ho Ho" glitter sticker (inside) and some fun markers....  


Thanks for visiting! 
Enjoy your day today! :)

20 comments:

  1. Anne Marie, this is gorgeous ! I like all the glitter and and the colors are great. I like how you decorated the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lurve the glitter AM! This is so sparkly and bright! Glad you had fun with your honey tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, love all the sparkle, I usually have more on me than the card, my husband always knows I made a card :) You did such a perfect job getting the sparkle in the right places, so jealous, I have it everywhere. Love it! Glad you had a great time at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! LOVE all that glitter. I'm like you about that stuff though - it really creates a mess. Even our little doxie usually ends up with glitter on him when I'm working on something. Gorgeous Santa!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, once again! I love how Santa sparkles and the color combo is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Gotta love the glitter! Super sparkly! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...this is fun! The sparkle really makes it magical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH how fun! That is the most dazzling Santa and Santa hat I have ever seen! So much detail to your crafting and this is a beauty with it's soft pastel colors - gorgeously done! I hope to play along this week for the first time - I just finished a christmas project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, I adore this card!!! It truly captures the Christmas spirit....with the pretty colors and that Santa is just the perfect Santa. I love all the sparkles....how magical!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The glitter is fantastic. So very worth the mess. You have done a perfect of job with it. Absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this card! The image is so cute and then the glitter and texture make it just perfect.

    I'm glad you have fun at the Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's so CUTE with all his sparkly glitter----I have this stamp and I never seem to make anything with old Santa---just the snowman. I need to remedy that---great layout & coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AB/FAB card, Anne Marie! Love the sparkle and I can't wait to try your tip about embossing the PAPER! Yes, I'm yelling because that is sooooo coool! Make-your-own glitter paper. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precious card! Just remember, there is NO SUCH THING as too much glitter! LOL! I love how you did the inside of the card too. I often forget that part exists!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!!! I love all the glitter! There is NO SUCH THING as too much bling, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your awesome vintage Santa in his glittery hat!! Sensational Christmas design, Anne Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's got SPARKLES! LOL oh gosh do you know how to pile on the pretty! I can't believe how BIG santa is! He's larger than life and so very cool. He looks like the santas of old.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Anne.. wow dear woman!!!!!! Everytime I visit your blog I am just speechless.. I love all your cards.. Just gorgeous.. Just stunning.. So good to see that so many crafters love your blog.. and art and talent. You deserve the love :)

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anne Marie I love the layout and all that bling! Perfect!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie